Monday 3 May 2010

Rizwan Hussain at Dhaka airport

Sticking on the theme of airports....

Yesterday I cam across a blog comment that echoed my sentiments. I thought of this from day one but haven't had time to air my views. It seems a certain Amjad Ali from London said it exactly as I want to (see comment 20).

For the readers benefit here is a copy of his comment:

"I travel to Bangladesh regularly and I have had no problem with the Immigration authority. People travelling from UK to Bangladesh think that they can break the law once they arrive at Dhaka airport.
We wouldn’t dare to enter a restricted area at LHR, so why do people enter a restricted are in Dhaka airport?? Once people are confronted by the immigration officer for these uncivilized behaviour, then they start saying I am a community leader, Doctor, barrister, lawyer from UK. What gives them the right to break laws just because they are from UK??"


Have a read of Rezwan's statement. He states that he "purchased a ticket for 500 taka". WTF?! You cannot go inside the terminal building as it's restricted area. Yes you can bribe and go inside - but bribing isn't a legal ticket. And he claims to be a barrister?!!

Can you imagine the verbal exchange when he was caught? I think words along the lines of "do you know who I am?! I am a second rate barrister from London ... where I deal with all the illegal Sylhetis!, How dare you question my illegal entry?!".

Don't get me wrong - I don't condone the behaviour of the air force personnel that beat him up. But if I had a dodgy barrister giving me a mouthful ...

No comments: